How to extend the default data storage
(Applies to the version of CloudBasic Multi-AR which comes with pre-installed SQL Server Standard or Web Edition)
CloudBasic RDS Multi-AR comes with a default 512GB D: drive as the default storage for replicated databases.
Follow the following steps to extend it.
- Stop the CloudBasic server.
- Go to the Volumes section on the AWS console.
- Locate the 512GB drive attached to the CloudBasic server (C: drive is 80GB, default D: drive is 512GB).
- Create a Snapshot
- Take a note of the "Attachment Information". i.e. "xvdb (attached)".
- Detach the volume. If detaching takes too long, you can try Force Detach Volume.
- Locate the volume snapshot from (4)
- Create an extended volume from it (go to "Size (GiB)" input box and specify the desired increased volume size).
- Attach the newly created extended volume to the CloudBasic server by reusing the attachment information (see (5))
- RDP to the CloudBasic server.
- Click the Windows Start Button, and type "Computer Management" and launch the respective management tool.
- Go to the Disk Management section of the Computer Management tool.
- Locate D: drive, right-click on the right-hand side (white area), and select "Extend Volume".