RDS AlwaysOn/Geo-Replicate Benchmarks
View performance benchmark statistics on various replication scenarios.
Benchmark statistics are based on product replication engine version 6.0 test results.
Product versions 9.0 and above deliver substantially better performance.
- Number of Databases: 1
- Tables in the Database: 54
- Volume of Changes: ~100 records per table inserted concurrently first into 4 tables, and later into all 54 tables
- Moderate ~300,000 inserts per minute into 4 tables in a database hosted on an AWS Virginia based RDS R3.Xlarge instance, geo-replicated asynchronously to an AWS Oregon based smaller RDS R3.Large server.
- Database size: ~400GB
- Database size increment: ~150MB/min (~200GB/day)
- Moderate ~100,000 inserts per minute into 4 tables, each with 500+ million records, into a database (size ~200GB) hosted on an AWS Virginia based RDS R3.2Xlarge instance, geo-replicated asynchronously to Azure SQL type P1. Data in transit is encrypted.
- Database size: ~200GB
- Database size increment: ~50MB/min (~70GB/day)