Even if you already operate RDS Multi-AZ SQL Server Enterprise, you still face the problem of how to create Read-Replicas for Reporting and to offload your primary RDS, and how to create Read-Replicas in another region for Data Locality, HA and DR.
And if you operate RDS or EC2 SQL Server Web Edition, and you need to achieve redundancy/DR, even if you do not need to create readable-replicas, you would be required to upgrade to RDS/EC2 SQL Server Standard Edition which will result into tripling TCO.
CloudBasic Multi-AR solves above challenges and facilities support of various other Use Cases involving MS SQL Server.
Using this product you can:
- Create RDS SQL Server Multi-AZ (Multi Availability Zones) or Multi-AR (Multi Availability Regions; Cross-Region) Read-Replicas for Data Locality, HA, DR and/or to off-load your primary RDS/SQL server. All RDS/SQL Server editions, including Web Edition are supported.
- Continuously replicate SQL Server from On-Premise to AWS (hybrid), AWS to Azure or Google Cloud, Azure to AWS. All RDS/Azure/SQL Server editions, including Web Edition are supported.
- Continuously feed data form AWS RDS SQL Server (Cross-Region/Zone) or from On-Premise to AWS RedShift for BI/Reporting with i.e. Tibco SpotFire, JaperSoft or Tableau.. You can achieve MS SQL Server Data Locality, HA, and DR and feed data to RedShift data store at the same time (Redshift data feeds functionality is available via a managed service at no extra cost on this product version; self-service management will be featured in the next version).
- Continuously feed data form AWS RDS SQL Server (Cross-Region/Zone) or from On-Premise to AWS S3, from where it can be loaded into EMR/Hadoop or RedShift* cluster (Redshift data feeds functionality is available via a managed service at no extra cost on this product version; self-service management will be featured in the next version).
Runs within your Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC); Secure, scalable and high performance replication solution. Highly scalable architecture designed for minimal impact on source systems; Encrypted RDS support.
- Extend or replace RDS Multi-AZ to enable Read-Replicas and reduce TCO. See TCO comparison table.
- Ireland RDS/EC2 SQL to Frankfurt RDS/EC2 SQL Web Edition mirroring for DR & Reporting.
- Virginia RDS/EC2 SQL to Oregon RDS/EC2 SQL Web Edition mirroring for DR & Reporting.
- On-Premise to AWS RDS/EC2 SQL Server replication for DR and Reporting.
- On-Premise to AWS RDS/EC2 SQL Server replication for DR and feeding data to RedShift for Reporting, and S3 (EMR/Hadoop)(RedShift and S3 support is available via a managed service at no extra cost on this product version).
- On-Premise to AWS RDS/EC2 SQL Server replication for DR and feeding data to S3, form where it can be loaded into EMR/Hadoop cluster (RedShift and S3 support is available via a managed service at no extra cost on this product version).
- Virginia RDS/EC2 SQL to Ireland/Frankfurt and Tokyo/Singapore Mirroring for Data Locality and HA.
- Ireland/Frankfurt RDS/EC2 SQL to Virginia and Oregon/California Mirroring for Data Locality and HA.
- AWS RDS to Azure SQL InterCloud replication for DR and to avoid provider Lock-In
- AWS RDS to Google Cloud SQL Server InterCloud replication for DR and to avoid provider Lock-In
- One-time migration with zero downtime of SQL Server to Amazon RDS or EC2 SQL Server.
- RDS SQL Server database upsizing/downsizing
- Move data from EC2 SQL server to RDS and vice versa
- Achieve database redundancy across or within AWS regions, or from on-premise to AWS, with Asynchronous SQL Server Geo-Replication. Create secondary Standby databases for Disaster Recovery (DR). To learn more, visit http://cloudbasic.net/aws/rds/alwayson/dr/
- Create Read Replicas to balance read loads for Reporting Data Locality http://cloudbasic.net/aws/rds/alwayson/read-replicas/
- RECOVER with a continuous database layer replication setup across regions. Pilot-Light, Warm, and Cold disaster recovery scenarios are supported. To learn more, visit http://cloudbasic.net/aws/rds/alwayson/dr/
Does what it says on the box, easy to use, amazing support.
I found this tool when I was looking for a way to transfer databases between our development systems and our production systems. These comprised of a mix of in house physical SQL, EC2 SQL and and RDS. Cloudbasic Geo-replicate solved this problem.
The product improvements I asked for were implemented within days allowing me to extend our use of this product into our devops continuous delivery model.
Affordable SQL Server High Availability Solution
As a consultant I look for affordable and easy to maintain solutions for my customers. This SQL Server HA solution features a simple web interface. I did not have to worry about configuring server clusters, log shipping etc. I was able to setup a DB instance replication to a cross-region AlwaysOn RDS in minutes. I was pleasantly surprised that MSSQL Web Edition is also supported. I had to call for support related to DB issues on my end. I was assigned a dedicated support representative who proved to be very helpful. I did an extensive testing to ensure that this product is very reliable. With this product I am planning to scale up my Cloud Disaster Recovery implementation efforts.
Simple, Powerful, with Stellar Support
The software delivers what it promises. Its easy to use. The support is fantastic. We were impressed how fast they reached out to us to want to help. The software is fast, economical and affordable. It doesn’t put any stress on your source and destination databases. It seamlessly does what it does and it does it well. I highly recommend this product to anyone.
Simple cross-region RDS replication solution
We were looking for a way to continuously replicate our RDS based SQL Servers from west to east coast, for disaster recovery and reporting purposes. We started from looking for a SQL Server log shipping and high availability based solution ..then found CloudBasic’s Geo-Replicate server. We launched the server from the market place, entered RDS source and destination information and within minutes were able to stream data. The secondary DBs seeded very fast, and … Read All
Easy setup. Various deployment scenarios.
We were looking to utilize AWS as a fail-over site for our on-premise SQL Server based applications. We turned to the AWS Market place to find solutions to help us speed up implementation. Found this product, and within minutes were able to steam SQL Server data to an RDS SQL Server on AWS. All we had to do is enter source and destination SQL server connection strings. Then selected if we wanted a one time migration of the SQL server or also… Read ALL
Works very well. Easy to use. Some minor issues need to be addressed.
We intended to use this software to do a one time migration of SQL databases from our co-located datacenter to AWS. Then figured it is very easy to setup continuous replication from East to West coast (AWS in California to AWS in Virginia). We currently use EC2 SQL Server Web edition in California, replicating to a small RDS Web Edition in Virginia… Read ALL
Simple and inexpensive solution to replicate SQL Servers from West to East coast
Our customer base spans 100+ hospitals, including Tenet Healthcare, Baptist Health of South Florida and Texas Health Resources. We migrated our systems to AWS a year ago. Then shortly after, as part of our business continuity planning, selected the pre-AWS Marketplace version of CLOUDBASIC REPLICATE to … Read all
Powerful Yet Simple Replication Solution
The most important feature we were looking for was to be able to access the end point of the replica for our reporting. This product replicates between SQL servers manages by us. We have to ensure the destination SQL Server is used in read-only mode, but this gives us the flexibility to setup replication in various scenarios: on-prem to AWS, across AWS regions, zone-to-zone. It does seem that SQL Server Web edition is supported in all scenarios as well… Read All
CloudBasic SQL Migrate to RDS Solution
I used CloudBasic to Migrate my SQL2012 to an RDS 2012 instance. Install of CloudBasic was easy and once the connection strings were set on the CloudBasic Server webpage, my database connectivity was verified and the db migrated very fast to the RDS instance. CloudBasic is the easiest and fastest solution to replicate your data to an RDS instance for production and or testing. Thank You for making my job easier!!! Read all
CloudBasic works great! Easy to setup and comes with outstanding support.
CloudBasic has a nice web user interface. There’s a quick setup feature to start replicating your databases in minutes after you setup the AMI from Amazon’s Marketplace. If you have any questions, RJ and their support team will go to great lengths to make sure CloudBasic gives you the ROI that you’re looking for in a database replication solution. Awesome product.
You'll be in good company:
Get more functionality for 1/3rd the cost of RDS Multi-AZ SQL Standard. RDS Multi-AR, a version of RDS AlwaysOn, creates a Read-Replica of your primary SQL Servers, which can be used for reporting, data-locality and off-loading of your primary databases. More...